New Cutie Pattern -- Cobblestones!

2020 has been, to say the least, an odd year.  I looked back to see when I last released a Cutie Pattern and it was in late 2019.  It's definitely time to release a new one, don't you think?

Obliging as I am, I present:  Cobblestones!


I decided to make this quilt using some very happy 30s reproduction fabrics:


I had a lot of fun quilting this quilt kit with ribbon candy, continuous curve, and swirls in the border.


After I quilted it, I realized that I teach all three of these techniques in my First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting class.  If you haven't purchased the class yet, do so now because the price will go up on September 16.


At the request of students, I put together a kit of my favorite 10 machine quilting threads.  I used white thread for this quilt and have bundled a cone of white Konfetti cotton thread with a cone of white DecoBob thread for the bobbin for those who use white thread as much as I do!

I became a great aunt this weekend and a special little girl might receive this quilt (her mom gets to choose from a stack of happy baby quilts).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Blue A La Moda

How to Machine Quilt Tuscan Vintage on Your Home Sewing Machine

For the Love of a Scrap Quilt