For the Love of a Scrap Quilt

 I am in the middle of a month of medical treatments that leave me feeling punky and the best medicine for that is to jump into my scraps and make a new scrap quilt.

Fortunately, the newest Quilter's World Magazine arrived in my mailbox at the perfect time!  Tricia Lynn Maloney designed Ski Party using a brightly colored jelly roll.  I knew I had scrappy gray 2 1/2" strips already cut in my stash, so I toned down her adorable quilt.

I could complain about the really bright sun on this autumn day and how it washed out the color in my photograph a little bit, but I won't because... sun.  In autumn.

Inspired by the machine quilting on the sample done by Cheryl Weiderspahn, I stitched a royal blue ribbon meander.

I teach the basic meander pattern in my Quilting Essentials: First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting online class.

I still have more gray scrappy strips and jelly rolls, and I know that I will more of these quilts while recovering from ongoing medical treatments.

Isn't it a great day when you find a new favorite pattern?



Comments

  1. What a difference it makes to double up that meander line - can't wait to employ this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Blue A La Moda

A La Mode for Baby