A La Mode Cutie Quilt featuring Nautical Prints

 A La Mode Cutie Pattern is one of the quilt patterns I've made most often.*  It's as easy as pie... a la mode.  I love that it only requires Cutie Pack and 1 1/4 yards of background fabric.   There are no borders and the binding is cut from the Cutie Pack!  The frugal quilter in me LOVES THIS!

I have put the kits for this quilt on sale so you can make one, too!

These nautical prints from Riley Blake are completely adorable.  There are even WHALES in a few of the prints!!!  I also have Cutie Packs (16 fat eighths) of this line available in my shop.


I decided to quilt this with overall loops to mimic the fabric with a rope print.  I teach how to quilt Edge to Edge Loops in my First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting online class.  This free-motion pattern is what I suggest to my students as a first attempt at all-over or edge-to-edge quilting, and in class I show to nestle your patterns together, keep your loops (somewhat) even, and avoid stitching over the already stitched areas.

All that's needed now is a baby boy to give this to!

_____

*Sweet Tooth, Squared Away, Bowl of Cherries, and Picnic Patch round out the top five.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Blue A La Moda

How to Machine Quilt Tuscan Vintage on Your Home Sewing Machine

For the Love of a Scrap Quilt