Bowl of Cherries Cutie Quilt featuring My Little Sunshine 2 Fabrics

This quilt is even sweeter than I thought it would be!



The light showed the machine quilting, so that was great.  The fabric, however, isn't shown to its full effect.  And there was a tree shadow (darn trees!).

Cherry Guidry designed My Little Sunshine 2 fabric line and it's absolutely ADORABLE!


I have kits for the Bowl of Cherries quilt, Cutie Packs (16 fat eighth), and fat quarters of this line in my shop.

Machine quilting this quilt was so much fun!  I quilted ribbon candy in the white strip used that as the spine for elongated free-motion feathers in the rest of the block:


My sweet Handi Quilter Stitch 710 handled this quilt like a champ.



The WonderFil Konfetti thread with a DecoBob bobbin also performed without a single frustration.  I am currently running a special on this thread combination (save $5 when you buy both spools together).

I simply meandered over the bicycle border because the print was the star of the show.


I'm currently teaching free-motion quilting online in my Quilting Essentials: First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting class.  By popular request, I will be teaching a Quilting Essentials: Free-Motion Feathers class soon!  Sign up for my newsletter so you won't miss any new class announcements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Blue A La Moda

How to Machine Quilt Tuscan Vintage on Your Home Sewing Machine

A La Mode for Baby