Movies in Film -- Ender's Game

 I recently watched "Ender's Game" after reading the novel for the fifth (sixth?) time, and I spied a quilt.  It was an antique quilt and I needed to make it.  Like... NOW!



While this quilt is perfectly lovely, the original was black/charcoal and dark hunter green.  I need to make this again, but DARKER!


I will gift this quilt and it will be a well-loved failure.

To make this quilt, I used a fat quarter pack of Deep, Rich Solids, and I'll remake the quilt with only these fabrics and no creamy neutrals.  


I quilted this on my longarm, just to get it finished quickly.  I used the Swirl pattern taught in my Quilting Essentials:  First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting online class.  Have you enrolled in that class yet?  It's a student favorite!

I used Stone Tutti thread for the quilting.  It didn't fight with the light fabrics and didn't disappear on the dark fabrics.  It was the perfect choice!


The next iteration of this quilt might show up in my Feather class (launching January 2021).  Be sure you are on my mailing list so you don't miss any important announcements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Electric Blue A La Moda

How to Machine Quilt Tuscan Vintage on Your Home Sewing Machine

For the Love of a Scrap Quilt